For each text message that you send, we can track the delivery status. This is reported in the “Reports” section of Txtlocal.
The message statuses are:
- ?: We are awaiting a delivery receipt
- D: Delivered. The message was successfully delivered to the handset. The handset itself has reported that the message was received. We do not get false positives.
- I: Invalid. The mobile number is either incorrectly formatted, or is not allocated to a mobile network. Outside of UK, if number has been ported between networks it may fail.
- U: The message expired at the operator after the default 48 hour validity period. Either the phone is off, or roaming abroad.
- E: The message expired at the operator after the validity period set upon transmission.
In the UK, these delivery statuses are ~100% accurate. Across Europe it is roughly 95%. Other countries vary.