Security and Our SLA
We are committed the highest standards possible
The Textlocal SMS servers deliver premium UK Routed SMS text messages using direct connections into the heart of mobile network SMS Centres (SMSCs), providing high capacity, reliable, and fast SMS connectivity, direct to an end user’s mobile phone.
Textlocal uses its own direct connections to various operators and also has priority connections into tier 1 aggregators. We are a total solution, hosted, designed, developed and supported by Textlocal.
Our Service Promise to You
Textlocal is committed to providing the highest quality services and delivering high standards of customer service. Don’t take our word for it read our customer reviews and look at our awards.
We’ve listened to our customers and continue to do so, working hard to live up to our commitments, always striving to provide you with the products and services you want.
Our promises are based on the things that our customers have told us matter to them, so we do our best to deliver them. By continuing to do what our customers want, you will experience that we are an unbelievably friendly and helpful bunch. We work hard for our customers; be it a technical requirement, a bespoke ‘build’ or just an out-of-hours conference call – we are there for you.
Textlocal actively demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer services:
- We will put your needs first
- We will respond to your enquiry quickly, courteously and provide you the right answer the first time
- We will go the extra mile when you need us most
- Your dedicated Account Manager will deal with your enquiry professionally and efficiently
- We recognise and value your point of view
- We actively seek and value your views to help us improve the service
- We provide you with an accessible technical & customer service
- We respect your confidentiality
- We rarely get complaints but if something goes wrong, we will correct it and we always welcome suggestions for improvement
- We are accredited and audited by the DMA (Direct Marketing Association)
Even if you are not a customer yet, do tell us what you think.
SLA: Service Level Agreement
The Textlocal SMS servers deliver premium UK Routed SMS text messages using direct connections into the heart of mobile network SMS Centres (SMSCs), providing high capacity, reliable, and fast SMS connectivity, direct to an end user’s mobile phone. Textlocal uses its own direct connections to various operators and also has priority connections into tier 1 aggregators. It is a complete solution, hosted, designed, developed and supported by Textlocal.
The main elements of our SLA are:
- Minimum uptime of the Textlocal online Messenger : 99.999%
- Minimum uptime of Textlocal email to SMS gateway : 99.999%
- Minimum throughput of system : 80 messages per second
- Average message delivery time : 3 seconds
- Minimum success in message delivery : 99.9%
- Receive SMS (dedicated inbound number) in less than 10 secs: 99.9%
- Receive SMS (on short code) in less than 10 secs: 99.9%
- Confirm billing of premium SMS in less than 30 seconds: 99.9%
- Received messages, receipts and billing confirmations forwarded to email or remote server in under 5 secs: 99.9%
- On site encrypted data backup: Every 30 mins
- Off site encrypted data backup: Twice daily
Although Textlocal can offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for all Textlocal services, the SLA only goes as far as Textlocal delivering or receiving an SMS into or from a UK mobile operator’s SMSC. Unfortunately, no UK mobile operators currently offer SLAs for their SMS services.
Note: we will investigate any failures upon request. Please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any problems.
Once messages have been submitted to the mobile network they may be subject to additional delays. These can be compared to the delays experienced by normal SMS peer-to-peer traffic. These figures are based on using the Textlocal interfaces (Messenger, email to SMS, API). The figures do not account for any additional delays caused by the sender’s network operator or failures due to circumstances beyond our control.
Several possible causes of SMS failure include:
- Incorrect number format, missing international codes, mistyped numbers
- Number does not exist of has expired
- Receiving network overloaded
- Receiving network failure
- Receiving phone switched off
- Receiving phone’s inbox full
Security and Reliability for your Business
Our servers are located at RACKSPACE LON3 – one of the UK’s most advanced data centres with a 100% network uptime SLA guarantee. The average delivery time per message is under three seconds, depending on receiving network, making Textlocal perfect for time critical applications. All our services include comprehensive delivery reports so you can see the delivery status of every single message you send.
We changed our name from Txtlocal to Textlocal in 2011, but still trade as Txtlocal Ltd which is how we reference ourselves below.
Physical Security for your business
- Data centre access limited to data centre technicians
- Biometric scanning for controlled data centre access
- Security camera monitoring at all data centre locations
- 24×7 onsite staff provides additional protection against unauthorised entry
- Unmarked facilities to help maintain low profile
- Physical security audited by an independent firm
System Security for your business
- System installation using hardened, patched OS
- System patching to provide ongoing protection from exploits
- Dedicated firewall and VPN services to help block unauthorised system access
- Data protection with managed back up solutions
- Optional, dedicated intrusion detection devices to provide an additional layer of protection against unauthorised system access
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services
- Ongoing risk assessment and security consultation
Data Security Policy
Ownership of Data
Txtlocal Ltd does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant Txtlocal Ltd the following world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable: “Publicly accessible” areas of the Service are those areas of the Txtlocal Ltd that are intended by Txtlocal Ltd to be available to the general public. By way of example, publicly accessible areas of the Service would include the Txtlocal Ltd Feedback. However, publicly accessible areas of the Service would not include portions of Txtlocal Ltd that are limited to members.
Txtlocal Ltd will never resell your stored data. Your personal details, your uploaded contact information, your captured mobile numbers and any other data will all be kept safe on our secure servers housed at Rackspace in Docklands, London. If we were to resell your data not only would we lose our DPA status, but also all our customers and reputation!
Operational Security Policy
Customer’s Application Environment
- All employees trained on documented information security and privacy procedures
- Access to confidential information restricted to authorised personnel only, according to documented processes
- Systems access logged and tracked for auditing purposes
- Secure document-destruction policies for all sensitive information
- Fully documented change-management procedures
- Independently audited disaster recovery and business continuity plans in place
- Best practices used in the random generation of initial passwords
- All passwords, contact and message data encrypted during transmission (128bit SSL) and while in storage at Textlocal
- Secure media handling and destruction procedures for all customer data
We run a high availability clustered server environment, located in two UK locations and managed by our technical team on the Malvern Hills Science Park. We also have Rackspace engineers on hand locally who are experts in all aspects of our equipment. All traffic is load balanced between the server cluster, and the databases are securely mirrored between the co-located environments in real time, with secure 30 minute database snapshots. All servers run uninterrupted power supplies from unique sources, and network connectivity is maintained by utilising multiple Tier1 backbone connections with 100% uptime guarantee. As testament to our stability we have experienced a total of five minutes downtime in the previous five years.
In the unlikely event of multiple server failure or core database corruption, our team is on hand to bring the environment to full working order within two hours. This would require switching to standby servers and resurrecting the most recent 30 minute database snapshot. Fully restoring API client uptime will take priority, swiftly followed by the Messenger UI.
External Security Audits
Textlocal uses a certified external security auditing company to carry out annual penetration testing. We have passed every year, with the most recent test in February 2017.