Who we are…
Here at Textlocal (part of the IMImobile Group), our vision is to help organisations embrace mobile technologies so they can engage better with their customers in the digital world. With deployments in 60 countries, processing billions of digital touch points per month, we are a trusted vendor to blue-chip businesses around the world. Organisations are faced with barriers and complexities when trying to improve customer engagement, and via multi-channel campaigning, streamlining operations and digital revenue generation we help to break down those barriers. We are at the forefront of all that is hot in technology. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most innovative digital solutions on the market.
Who we’re after…
This is not a WordPress job.
As a senior developer here at Textlocal you will be developing upon a custom-built application that handles 150 million transactions a month across 3 international deployments.
Some of the technologies you’ll become an expert in are:
- Laravel 5
You will be challenged to create optimised, performant code to ensure that the system runs efficiently. Our system is so much more than just sending a text message.
We have a diverse team and in addition to your development duties, we’d like you to impart your skills and experience on our more junior members, nurturing them to strive to be just like you.
We are interested in you because you’re you and we’re pretty flexible, but there are some things that we feel really strongly about…
- Excellent Communication – You articulate your thoughts and ideas clearly as well as offer critique to those around you
- Curiosity – A spirit of enquiry and a desire to understand; why?
- Passion – Real enthusiasm and excitement for our industry and sector
- Wit – Inventive thought and quick understanding
- Teamwork – Great things are delivered by great teams, and great teams are made up of great people
A day in the life…
You will be responsible for:
- Development of code to required standards
- Architect solutions for required new features or improvements
- Breaking down development work into manageable and measurable pieces of work
- Undertake code reviews to ensure code standards are maintained
- Promote production of code mindful of data security
- Attending daily stand up scrum meetings
- Keeping an awareness of the sprint goals and working across multiple disciplines to achieve sprint success
- Self-management of workload
- Mentoring junior members
- Work alongside business analysts, project managers and QA teams
You will be working with the Development Manager in a team of 10 developers (which is growing) based in the UK and in India. You’ll be based in our Malvern office that sits at the foot of the beautiful Malvern Hills.
You will be contributing to our vision of ensuring that all UK businesses are communicating with their customers, contacts and members using the most efficient communication channel driving engaging customer interactions.
The must haves…
- A passion for web development
- Experience of test-driven development
- An expert in object-oriented PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of design patterns – when and when not to use them
- Architecting, writing and consuming APIs
- Understanding of security principles
- Experience with GIT version control or similar
The nice to haves…
- Experience with queuing technology
- Experience with large volume data processing
- Worked in an agile environment
- Knowledge of frameworks
Think you fit the bill?
Our people mean the world to us, and we only recruit the best. For the talents in our business, we offer great opportunities to develop with us. If you believe you tick all of the boxes, we need to talk. We’re committed to revolutionising service delivery and engagement. Are you?
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply for the Senior Developer role