Middleweight Front End Developer
Dependent on experience
Pulford House, Bell Meadow Business Park, Park Lane, Pulford, Chester, CH4 9EP
We are looking for a middleweight front-end developer to join our team on a permanent basis. You will work closely with the lead web developer and digital marketing team to drive forward the websites of the IMImobile group.
Within the role of front-end developer, you will have the opportunity to use technology you are passionate about to build, maintain and optimise the group companies’ websites. Examples of tasks you will be expected to take on include:
- Work with creative team to translate their designs into standards-compliant, responsive and accessible websites.
- Work with the lead web developer to implement complete user acceptance testing and ensure your code conforms to internal standards.
- Work with the group digital marketing team to implement new functionality and optimise the websites, for both search engines and lead conversion.
- Work with the wider brand marketing teams to ensure that their campaigns are effective online.
- Take responsibility for maintaining website performance and providing recommendations to improve it.
- Make suggestions for improvements that may help with user experience.
This role will suit a junior front-end developer looking to make the move up to middleweight or for an existing middleweight front-end developer who is looking to escape the agency world. You’ll have the opportunity to really get your teeth into websites, rather than churning out one after another.
- A strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 (including CSS Grid and Flexbox) and SCSS.
- Experience in building mobile-first/responsive websites, including taking non-responsive designs and converting them to responsive layouts.
- Experience of working with version control (git), including an understanding of branching and good commit practices.
- The ability to write code that adheres to W3C standards and accessibility laws.
- An understanding of coding best practices.
- Experience using task management software such as Jira or Asana.
- Experience of templating for CMSs such as WordPress, Statamic, CraftCMS, Perch.
- A minimum of two years of commercial experience.
We don’t expect you to have these right now, but you’ll be expected to have progressed your understanding of them within the first 12 months:
- A good understanding of ES6, including new functionality and support for them.
- An understanding of, and experience working, with CSS methodologies, like BEM.
- Evidence of self-learning.
- Experience of Gulp, Webpack, Yarn, NPM and other modern web development tools.
- Experience with CodeceptJS, Puppeteer and other testing frameworks.
- Experience in helping senior staff create user stories, triaging issues, creating development plans and estimating times.
- Basic understanding of PHP.
- Experience with a templating language (Twig, Antlers, Blade, Pug etc).
- Working with the command line on Macs and/or Linux.
- Detailed understanding of writing secure code from a front-end perspective.
- Good understanding of SEO best practices and how code can help or hinder them.
- An understanding of business processes and how development fits into them.
- Experience of communicating with senior stakeholders/clients.
What you can expect from us
You’ll be based with the rest of IMImobile’s digital team at Textlocal’s northern office just outside Chester. You’ll be part of a supportive, talented and highly skilled team, working from a bright and modern office with free parking. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company.
We’ll support your learning with opportunities to attend conferences and undergo training (both internal and external). IMImobile and its subsidiaries work with some of the biggest brands in the world and your work will have a direct impact on our ability to win their business.
This job is based just south of Chester and is commutable from Liverpool, Chester, Runcorn, Warrington, Northwich, Wrexham, North Wales and Flintshire.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org