Head of Digital - IMImobile, Textlocal
01244 752 299Phone
The role works closely with UK teams within the IMImobile group, including Textlocal’s Sales, Marketing & Commercial teams, to manage our key digital assets to ensure to drive overall brand penetration and sales performance.
The person we’re looking for
This is a senior appointment; the candidate will be working at SMT/Board level to lead the Digital Team. You will have a strong B2B PPC and analytical background, proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels. You will have experience and a proven background in all aspects of paid search marketing to businesses within PaaS and SaaS. You can demonstrate exceptional SEO and campaign management skills and a high degree of numeracy. You need to be a competent negotiator, self-motivated, a forward thinker and delivery focused.
- Develop and lead on paid inbound marketing strategies to acquire new business.
- Work with and manage a digital a PPC agency to deliver digital tactics, ensuring campaigns are continually improved and ROI is achieved.
- The role demands a demonstrable knowledge of latest trends in PPC, onsite marketing, and usability as well as proven ability to deliver results in a complex multi-channel marketing environment
- Proven experience with paid display, including audience targeting and remarketing in the GDN, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and AdRoll is key.
- The role also requires an aptitude for marketing measurement of all paid marketing activity and the ability to provide robust reporting to track and improve ROI.
- Lead and manage the overall implementation of the SEO strategy, leading a Digital Marketing Executive and frontend team for TextLocal and group to optimise existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Continually improve Google search rankings for Textlocal.com and IMImobile.com, improving the base of those terms.
- Work with external publishers to create high-quality content and claim citations to improve the off-page footprint of the site.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Executive to identify on-page issues, leading the individual to improve on-page experience for search engines and users alike.
- Managing the appropriate reports and operational KPIs that demonstrate the performance of the SEO channel with commercial and technical insights
Measurement, analysis and website testing:
- Proven ability to analyse campaigns and site performance to make recommendations for improvement
- Working to set KPIs including regular and robust group-wide stakeholder reporting.
- Report on key conversion end points in the marketing funnel and in the sales pipeline.
- Develop rapid AB and MVT testing strategies to continually improve the conversion rate in each stage of the marketing funnel.
- Manage an inhouse social media expert to improve the marketing communications of the business and demonstrate ROI from organic as well as paid for social campaigns.
- Integrate social into all digital marketing planning including the distribution of new content to key people of influence for amplification.
Strategy Development & Planning:
- Ability to own and drive digital marketing for the Textlocal and IMImobile brands.
- Manage an inhouse team and external PPC agencies to deliver plans to support lead generation and business growth
- Budget responsibility for all digital marketing budget.
- Ability to secure buy in from colleagues and senior stakeholders across multiple sites, including those colleagues based in India.
Website, content and marketing automation:
- A working knowledge of Marketo and Partdot as well as Salesforce is required the automation of lead nurture streams.
- The role must have demonstrable knowledge of rule based techniques for nurturing inbound leads and work with the CRM team to execute and track inbound MEL through to MQL.
- Work closely with in house content writers to ensure content is current, up-to-date and that new content will push Textlocal and IMImobile forward.
- Exposure to WordPress as a CMS is crucial.
- Applies an innovative approach to Search and web presence development versus agreed target audience personas
- Ideas creation and a creative thinker
- Keen interest in all things mobile, strong understanding of upcoming and emerging technology.
Business understanding and leadership:
- Develop an in-depth, thorough understanding of Textlocal’s products, services and customers and the mobile market as a whole
- Embrace and aid in the delivery of our company’s overall vision, business plan and values.
- Manage a team of five individuals, including setting those individuals objectives in line with Marketing’s and Digital’s overall business KPIs.
- The successful candidate will be bright, articulate, dynamic, confident, self-driven and results oriented with a positive outlook.
- Experience in PPC strategy development and driving conversion rates.
- Can demonstrate competency in use of Google Analytics.
- Good knowledge of building and delivering Word Press based web front ends
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills and have a desire and drive to contribute to a successful and motivated team.
- An analytical and challenging mind is required with a strong degree of numeracy driven by MI.
- Keep pace with PPC, SEO, search engine and digital marketing industry trends and development.
- Inquisitive and strong proven problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and an ability to manage time to deliver to deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate resilience and flexibility in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Minimum 2 years in the B2B technology sector.
- Google AdWords Professional Qualifications a requirement.
- Previous experience in an SEO role, either with a leading digital agency, or in-house.
- 2 years of Word Press experience
- Strong understanding of technical SEO aspects.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Access a distinct advantage.