In this article on MyCustomer, former Marketing and Communications Director of Textlocal, Rob Townsend, talks about the planning and preparation required to support successful seasonal (in this case Christmas) gains for business.
The coverage includes a number of practical business tips and advice, a few of these are detailed below:
- The growth of m-commerce
- Consumers interacting with retailers on their own terms regardless of time or location via mobile devices
The post also includes some fascinating business statistics:
- Between November 1st and Christmas Day, the UK’s m-commerce users will have made close to £978million worth of mobile transactions
- On average, over the same timeframe as above, retailers will be targeting 2.17 million retail opt-ins in the UK on a weekly basis
- By the time the Christmas lights were switched on in London’s Regent Street, m-commerce users had already spent around £160million via mobile transactions
Additional tips from the interview to consider are:
- Getting started early and the countdown to Christmas day
- Remembering the need for opt in with communication
- The time of the contact is crucial
A full image of the post below can be seen below.